The CCRC 5K Run~Walk is going virtual this year!
Participants of all ages and abilities can run, walk, bike ride, wheelchair road race, hike, swim, or even kayak to complete their 3.1 mile distances. Please follow safe social distancing while participating.
The CCRC 5K is hosted by CCRC solely to promote wellness and healthy lifestyles in the community through an afternoon of physical fitness. The fees are intended to cover the cost of the event. Net proceeds will go to Camp Under the Woods. Any additional donations are appreciated. If you or your business would like to sponsor our event, please see our sponsorship letter or call the CCRC office at 518 371-7654. Click here to download the sponsorship letter.
What will your entry fees and donations support?
Under the Woods Foundation's mission is to provide experiences that are unique, creative and adventurous for children that are “differently abled” including, but not limited to autism spectrum disorders and other developmental disabilities, and their families. Under the Woods Foundation implements outdoor summer camps for children which incorporate creative activities, nature themes, family participation, and other related activities. Camp Under the Woods and Camp Summer Social are programs that have been created through the Foundation. The Camp supports community development and awareness of children and their families who are impacted by autism spectrum disorders and other developmental disabilities.
What makes this virtual event so unique is that there is no official course! You can run, walk, bike ride around your block, your favorite nature trails, at a park, or even on your treadmill to complete your chosen distance. You must sign up before October 31 and complete your distance by midnight on October 31, 2020. With the COVID-19 pandemic, virtual races have provided a much-needed outlet for athletic activities for the entire family. Most importantly, we want you to get out and enjoy a run or walk and contribute in a healthy way. It’s easy. All you have to do is sign up, complete your activity, and submit your time.
If you want to do the normal CCRC race course, we have provided a map here.
We thank you for your support!
CCRC Hat to each registered participant:
Each registered participant will receive a CCRC running hat as a thank you for participating.
How does it work? 3 Easy Steps:
- Register any time before October 31, 2020; 100% of your net entry fee will go directly to our charity. You will be charged the credit card processing fee for the registration site.
- Run, walk, hike, bike, swim, or kayak the 5K (3.1 mile distance) any time between October 26th and October 31st at Midnight. Note: All current local municipality stay-at-home orders allow us to run outdoors (observing social distancing guidelines).
- Submit your Time. Use the IYR Virtual App on your phone or time your race on your own (with a watch, GPS or an app such as MapMyRun or Strava), and then follow the directions below to enter your time. We are on an honor system, as this is a charity event.
- Final results will be posted on October 31, 2020.
How to Record & Upload Your results with the IYR Results App
1. Download the IYR Virtual App to your cell phone from the App store Both Apple and Android devices will work.
2. Login using the email address you listed upon registering.
3. Search for this event,
4. Go to "Tracker" and click, "Ready to Start My Race"
5.Run or walk your chosen distance and the app will automatically upload your results (as long as your login email matches your registration email).
6.Check your results
How to manually upload your results: